Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 11
Đề số 1
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
1. a. fan b. tank c. danger d. main
2. a. hand b. bank c. sand d. band
3. a. chemistry b. teacher c. change d. chance
4. a. danger b. village c. general d. together
5. a. home b. hospital c. vehicle d. hostess
II. Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence:
6. She glanced briefly ________ his lapel badge.
a. in b. on c. at d. up
7. The novel is based on his ________ in the war.
a. attitudes b. images
c. situations d. experiences
8. I don’t like that man. There is a sneaky look on his face.
a. furious b. humorous
c. dishonest d. guilty
9. The children seem to be totally capable ________ working by themselves.
a. on b. of c. in d. for
10. The company expects ________ from its employees.
a. constancy b. quality
c. interest d. loyalty
11. Your friendship should be based on ________ trust.
a. basic b. fragile
c. mutual d. blind
12. Friendship is a two-side ________; it lives by give-and-take.
a. affair b. event
c. way d. aspect
13. The President expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
a. sadness b. anxiety
c. disappointment d. interest
14. Leaders gave an ________ welcome to the proposal.
a. official b. exciting
c. enthusiastic d. warmly
15. He rose from his chair and ________ her warmly.
a. protected b. replaced
c. embraced d. appreciated
16. When we ______ to see him last night he ______ to music.
a. come / is listening b. had come / listened
c. came / was listening d. were coming / had listened
17. You had better _______ home and have a rest.
a. going b. goes
c. to go d. go
18. I always hear you ______ with your sister. What’s wrong between you?
a. argue b. to argue
c. argues d. argued
19. ________ it was a formal dinner party, Romelu wore his blue jeans.
a. Since b. Even though
c. Until d. Only if
20. No sooner ________ the phone rang.
a. had they arrived home that b. they had arrived home than
c. did they arrive home that d. had they arrived home than
III. Give the correct form of the word in brackets:
21. Nobody I the office had received an _________ to the party. (invite)
22. I have a _______ suspicion that she knows more than she’s telling us. (sneak)
23. The wine had made him _________ of thinking clearly. (capable)
24. We were delighted by the wonderful ________ of the local people. (hospitable)
25. My father is an ___________ man. (honour)
IV. Choose the word or phrase – a, b, c, or d- that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
If you are invited to someone’s house for dinner in the United States, you should (26) _______ a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates. If you give your host a (27) _______ gift, he/she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered (28) _______. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and wants to show his/her (29) ______ to you immediately. (30) _____ the host doesn’t like it, he/she will tell a “(31) _____ lie” and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad. If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time, you should not arrive (32) _______ on time or earlier than the (33) _______ time, because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and (34) _______ rude, as the host may not be (35) _______.
26. a. take b. give
c. bring d. make
27. a. unwanted b. valuable
c. unpacked d. wrapped
28. a. rude b. polite
c. unpolite d. funny
29. a. appreciation b. admiration
c. respect d. enjoyment
30. a. Since b. Only if
c. Even if d. Whether
31. a. great b. obvious
c. deliberate d. white
32. a. gradually b. exactly
c. perfectly d. recently
33. a. expected b. permitted
c. waited d. wasted
34. a. however b. never
c. therefore d. consequent
35. a. willing b. ready
c. welcome d. waiting
Với đề thi tham khảo trên chúc các bạn học tốt!