Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết môn Tiếng Anh
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA 1 TIẾT
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH LỚP 10
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others: (1M)
1. A. plays B. reads C. listens D. stops
2. A. traveled B. stared C. landed D. seemed
3. A. chemistry B. prepare C. receive D. degree
4. A. miss B. little C. child D. listen
Answers: 1. D 2. C 3. A 4. C
II. Choose the best answer. (4M)
5. Andrew _______ the test before so he _______ it very easy.
A. had done/found B. had done/ had found
C. did/ found D. did/ had found
6. I must go now. I promised ________________late.
A. not being B. not to be C. to not be D. I wouldn’t be
7. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn’t ______________.
A. go on B. go off C. go away D. go up
8. He often ___________ to work by car everyday but today he __________ by bus.
A. goes/ goes B. is going/ will go C. went/ has gone D. goes/ is going
9. He’s not really interested in ________________ on the farm.
A. to work B. work C. worked D. working
10. He _____________the piano everyday.
A. practise B. practises C. to practise D. practising
11. The World War II ___________in 1939 and _________1945.
A. begins / ends B. had begun /ended C. has begun / had ended D. began / ended
12. She is interested _________ science. She is a scientist.
A. with B. of C. in D. under
13. It takes me 45 minutes to get ready.
A. to go B. to prepare C. to wake up D. to do
14. Marie Curie was born…………….November 7, 1867.
A. in. B. from C. at D. on
15. Would you mind _______ some time taking to me after the examination?
A. to open B. opening C. open D. opened
16. _________do you live? – In a flat, near the university.
A. Where B. When C. Who D. Whom
17. They decided _______ this job.
A. taking B. take C. to take D. took
18. _______ money do you earn? – About $45 a week.
A. How much B. How many C. What D. Which
19. Remember _______ the letter for me tomorrow.
A. posting B. post C. will post D. to post
20. Will you please stop ________________ noise?
A. to make B. make C. be made D. making
5. A 6. B 7. B 8. D 9. D 10. B
11. D 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. B 16. A
17. C 18. A 19. D 20. D
III. Identify the one underlined word or phrase A, B, C, or D that must be changed for the sentence to be correct: (1M)
21. Before she became a film star, she has been a stand-up comedian.
A B C D
22. Tom watches usually television in the evening.
A B C D
23. She has lived in London for five years before she moved to New York.
A B C D
24. I spend 20 minutes to read books every day.
A B C D
Answers: 21. C 22. A 23. A 24. C
IV. Give the correct form of words : (1M)
25. To prepare his (science) ______________ works, Karl often spends whole day in library.
26. “Chip and Dale” is really an ___________________ cartoon. (interest)
27. Please write your name and on the form. (occupy)
28. As a child, he received most of his at home. (educate)
Answers: 25. scientific 26. interesting 27. occupation 28. education
V. Read the passage carefully, then answer the following questions. (1M)
MARIE CURIE (1867 – 1934 )
Marie was born in Warsaw. She studied maths and physics in Paris. She met and married a scientist – Pierre Curie. She had two children but continued her career after they was born. In 1902, she and Pierre discovered a new element called “radium” which was important because doctors could use it to help people with cancer. They were awarded the 1903 Nobel Prize for physics They continued to work hard and made new discoveries. Marie even continued her research after her husband’s death in 1906. She became a professor of the Sorbornne. In 1911, she was awarded a second Nobel Prize for chemistry. She died in 1934.
* to be awarded: được trao giải
29: Where was Marie born?
30: Where did she meet Pierre?
31. Why was their discovery important?
32. When was she awarded a second Nobel Prize?
29. Marie was born in Warsaw.
30. She met Pierre in Paris.
31. Their discovery was important because doctors could use it to help people with cancer.
32. In 1911, she was awarded a second Nobel Prize.