Đề kiểm tra 45 phút Tiếng Anh 11
Đề số 2
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is different from the rest:
1. a. husband b. happy c. hate d. hour
2. a. girl b. card c. for d. pretty
3. a. invite b. confirm c. contribute d. interact
4. a. imagine b. glance c. geography d. religion
5. a. birthday b. togther c. clothing d. weather
II. Choose the wordor phrase – a, b, c, or d – that best fits the blank space in each sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
6. I prefer to celebrate my birthday party at home _____ in the restaurant.
a. for b. to c. than d. more
7. Howie’s mother __ a birthday cake with seventeen lighted candles on it.
a. brought out b. showed on
c. turned up d. took over
8. These anniversaries mark the milestones of a happy and lasting relationship between married couples.
a. signs b. achievements
c. landmarks d. progresses
9. Julia and Luis are happy to be ________ for their golden anniversary.
a. about b. around
c. thorough d. together
10. ________ happened, I didn’t want to lose Saha’s friendship.
a. However b. Wherever
c. Whatever d. Whenever
11. He had a portrait ________ as a birthday present for his daughter.
a. paint b. painting
c. painted d. to be painted
12. A number of Korean ________ to that city recently.
a. moved b. has moved
c. have moved d. was moved
13. My Tam has a very easy-going ________, which is why she is so popular.
a. reputation b. personality
c. characteristic d. sympathy
14. I remember ________ to Sai Gon when I was a very small child.
a. to be taken b. to take
c. being taken d. taking
15. It was difficult to ________ a date which was convenient for everyone.
a. agree b. organize
c. arrange d. provide
16. The factory is said ________ in a fire two years ago.
a. being destroyed b. to have been destroyed
c. to destroy d. to have destroyed
17. I’m sorry you’ve missed the train, it ________ five minutes ago.
a. had left b. left
c. has left d. has been left
18. ________ you at the station if you’d told me you were coming today.
a. I’d meet b. I was met
c. I met d. I’d have met
19. It was ________ that everyone answered it correctly.
a. so a simple question b. such a simple question
c. too simple question d. a more simple question
20. ________ the consequences, I would never have contemplated getting involved.
a. If I realised b. Had I realised
c. Unless I realised d. When I had realised
III. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer:
Your mind’s ability to bring back experiences you have had is your memory. There are two kinds of remembering, recall and recognition. For instance, you may not be able to recall the poem you read yesterday in class, but if you see it again, you will know it instantly because you recognize it.
Some few people have ‘total recall,’ often spoken of as photographic memory. A person with total recall can recite a whole page of a book he has read only once, or play musical composition after hearing it once. This is very unusual, however, and most people have difficulty in remembering even names they heard the day before. This is not because most people lack the ability to remember, but because they had not paid much attention to what they heard. They felt no personal reasons to remember. Having a personal reason for remembering is one of the most important factors in a good memory.
When you have a strong reason for remembering, concentrate as you read or listen, and try to connect the new information to things you I already know. A detail is easy to remember when it fits into a whole that makes sense. If you understand the entire history lesson before you try to remember any particular dates, your memory may surprise you.
21. While not directly stated, it may be inferred from the article that ________.
a. details are more easily remembered by fitting them into a whole
b. recall and recognition are the same thing
c. wanting to do a thing is very important to being able to do it
d. if he will try hard enough, one man can remember as well as Mother
22. This article as a whole tells us about ________.
a. people who can remember whole pages
b. people who can’t remember names
c. our memory and how to improve it
d. recognition and recall
23. A person with photographic memory is ________.
a. can only remember things if he looks at a photograph
b. can remember every detail of what he sees or hears
c. can be found in mental hospitals
d. brings his camera everywhere he goes
24. One way to improve our memory is ____________.
a. to ask other people to repeat something you want to remember.
b. to have a camera with you all the time
c. to concentrate on what you hear or read
d. to learn everything by heart
25. Which sentence is not true?
a. If you can’t remember things, you have no memory.
b. Recognition and recall are the two kinds of memory.
c. Total recall is remembering something in its entirely.
d. A person can remember anything better if he has a strong reason for doing it.
V. Choose the answer (a, b, c or d) that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it:
31. It’s no use trying to make friends with him.
a. You should try to make friends with him.
b. I find it difficult to make friends with him.
c. There’s no point in trying to make a friendship with him.
d. Making a friendship with him is worthless.
32. As soon as he arrived at the airport, he called home.
a. No sooner had he arrived at the airport than he called home.
b. He arrived at the airport sooner than he had expected.
c. Calling home, he said that he had arrived the airport.
d. Immediately after he called home, he arrived the airport.
33. We had our house decorated to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
a. We had to decorate our house to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
b. We had someone decorate our house to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
c. Our house needs to be decorated to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
d. We helped my father decorate our house to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
34. The plane had scarcely taken off when it crashed.
a. The plane took off and soon afterwards it crashed.
b. The plane hardly crashed after it took off.
c. When the plane was taking off, it crashed.
d. When the plane crashed, it hadn’t taken off yet.
35. Never has any one spoken to me like that!
a. I never speak that way.
b. Some people always speak to me that way.
c. Everyone speaks to me that way.
d. No one speaks to me that way.
36. It’s a long time since I saw a movie.
a. I spent a long time looking for a movie to see.
b. I have seen some movies so far.
c. I haven’t seen movie for a long time.
d. I saw a movie that took very long time.
37. He now goes to work on his bicycle instead of by car.
a. He still goes to work by car but more often on his bicycle.
b. He has stopped driving to work and goes by bicycle.
c. He has never gone to work in his car but always on his bicycle.
d. Since he bought the car, he has never used the bicycle to go to work.
38. I find myself at a loss to understand Jamie’s behavior.
a. I lost contact with Jamie, so I couldn’t understand him well.
b. I have to lose a lot to understand Jamie’s behavior.
c. I completely understand Jamie’s behavior.
d. I find Jamie’s behavior quite incomprehensible.
Với đề thi tham khảo trên chúc các bạn học tốt!